Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tales from Cucuta




Queridisma madre
The office does have a package for me. They have had it for a while now. Since the transfer I am not sure when I will get it. But, yes, the package did get to the office. My comp and I had a baptism this last Rriday and the confirmation yesterday so that was cool. It was also my comps birthday last Friday so we ended up eating a lot of cake. I am in a house with 3 other missionaries and that is pretty cool and weird because it is the first time that I have lived in a house with another conpanionship. But the nice thing is that all of them are really cool so I do not mind. There is another gringo here and two Spanish speakers. The president of our mission has a goal for all the missionaries to be bi-lingual so we have to help our companions learn English . . . so I feel like this may retard my progression with the spanish language but I guess we will see what happens.
 
Everything is good here. I still do not know the area or the investigatores very well so I can't really tell you a whole lot yet.
 
Oh well de hecho. I can tell one one story that happend to my comp and I. We are teaching this family. The parents are less actives. They were baptized 15 yrs ago and became less actives shortly after for something stupid. But the kids are not members. So we were sitting with them doing the small talk before the lesson and right when we are about to start another man walks in. We asked him who he was and we found out that he is a preacher or missionary for another church and he had also been visiting the family to try and indoctrinate them. So we started our lesson. Everything is going well and then he says he just has one question. How come you guys do not keep the sabath day on Saturday . . . and boom he started going off on this and that and killed the spirit. Then another Adventista came and then it ended up being a Bible bash between my comp and me and them while the family watched. We did get a small victory. I tricked the Adventistas into promising to read at least 5 chapters of the Book of Mormon and then I told them that since they are "men of god" that they wouldn't lie to me. And they confirmed that. Sooo haha they have to read it now and said that they would. But ya so I don't know what we are going to do with this family. and I still do not have my scriptures (I accidently left them in Bucaramanga) so destroying false doctrine is a little bit harder. Iy's the freaking apostasia that I am hearing.
 
The Church is true. We're led by prophets. Love, Elder Rallison 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment