Monday, July 28, 2014

Baptisms in Cucuta

26 May 2014
So I will tell you a little bit about our baptisms. One of the people we baptized is Mariana. She is a young woman and is 18 years old. She had the missionary lessons 2 years ago but her mom did not allow her to get baptized. When she turned 18, one of the first things she did was set a date with us.
She has a friend who is a member and her friend has been letting us teach the lessons in her house because Mariana's mom still doesn't want anything to do with the church. but Mariana said, 'well I am 18 and I am old enough to make my own decisions and so I want to be baptized '. . . and she was. We have been teaching her now for about a month. We wanted her to come to church again and recieve the lessons again and to talk to her mom.
 
That was one of the bigger problems that we had was her mom.But one day Mariana came to us and she said, 'Elders I told my mom. I said a prayer and all of the sudden I got brave and went and talked to her and she said that she would respect my decision.' So that was really awesome. Her mom did not come to the baptism but after the baptismal service Mariana bore her testimony and testified that she new the church was true.

And so do I. Love, Elder Rallison

No comments:

Post a Comment