Monday, July 28, 2014

Editorial note: as is evident, we have not been posting weekly so this July evening is a lot of catch-up posts. Luke is still in Cucuta. When he transferred from Bucaramanga he left his "DO NOT FORGET" bag of stuff in Bucaramanga. The bag with his scriptures, camera, extra $$, etc. So we only recently received photos. If future posts.

5 May 2014

Hey so I get to call you guys por Skype! If any of you guys are actually there. If not, I don't know what I will do. I guess I will read letters. . . I think I will read the letters Paul wrote to the Corinthians. But we are planning and calling you guys this next Sunday at three through Skype. I do not remember the Skype information so if you guys could send it to me again that would be great. Also early happy birthday to Arianna, Faith, and James

OK. 2 experiences that I had with prayer this week, very fast, because I do not have a lot of time. We have lots of people that we are going to visit today and I want to buy ankle weights (to keep my legs in shape).
First, we are teaching a family and in the family there is a teenager named Aroni. He is like almost all teenagers; self absorbed, doesn't think a lot about God, and disobedient and all that stuff. Every time we try to teach, he always drives the Spirit away. He is always on his cell phone and his mother doesn't know how to control him. So I was like, 'hey, I bet God can do something here'. So that night I prayed because there are members of that family we can baptize but they can't feel the spirit when we visit because the things Aroni is doing with his cell phone. I prayed for God to take it away please. And not 3 days latter somebody robbed Aroni and took only his really nice smart phone... our lessons are progressing really well now :D 

Second story really fast. We are teaching this guy named Naftali. He is really good and has a really nice family and is raising his children well and is actually married to his wife (that is hard to find in Colombia) but he had a problem. He liked to drink. Every time we went to his house to teach he was drinking whiskey or something and we tried teaching the Word of Wisdom 3 times and nothing. So my comp and I went to prayer and guess what happened. He was compelled to stop drinking by a sudden infirmity. He went to the doctor and the doctor said that he couldn't drink anymore. So now he is living the Word of Wisdom. prayer works. 

And if we are obedient there is no reason for God not to bless us with the righteous desires of our hearts.
Love, Elder Rallison

No comments:

Post a Comment